I got an email from my mother this evening, updating news about Billy.
Haven't heard anything since we got home last night --- when we left yesterday, he was hurtin' pretty bad, but trying not to show it...He was up in a chair for awhile but dizzy... tried to talk a little.
Sorry I didn't get at this sooner, but was busy washing clothes, paying bills and putting my feet up (they were pretty swollen from sitting too much I guess). Anyway, I am so grateful to all of you for your prayers,.... also, Rick got home okay! PTL! and we were all so glad he made it up there, especially Billy. God Bless you all and thanks so much!
We're looking forward to going to Penny's and Howard's on Saturday. I love birthday parties and "sweet 16" birthdays are the best. Shawna is Penny's first grandchild - it's hard to believe she's 16! We were planning to drop in on James on Sunday on our way home, but after we all realized it's Superbowl Sunday, we decided to not visit. He had already made plans to attend a party with some of his friends, so we'll come home.
Bern's friend, Ray and his wife Shirley are going up north to their cottage next week, so I'll have Bern home all week long....hmmmm. There are a few things I'd like to get started on like painting my craft room - that will be a job and a half! Literally, we will have to do half the room at a time. There's so much stuff in there, plus my desk and bookcase weigh a ton, so everything in the desk and on the shelves has to be packed up for awhile. Now that I think about it, maybe we'll paint the bathrooms first!
I just found out I'm going to be a great auntie again! My niece, Lizzy, is having a baby girl at the end of May. She will be Greg and Ces' sixth grandchild - they are so blessed! I'm being very gracious here, you understand...Greg is the youngest in my family and I am the oldest - there's 15 years between us. Now, the way things are supposed to work is that the oldest person in a family should have their grandchildren first......right???? Never mind, mine will be worth the wait, I just know it.
Latest update on my weight loss - total weight loss to date - 24 pounds; total inches lost - 30! I'm feeling great and will keep going. I'd like to lose another 15-20 pounds, but I'm not stressing about it. I'm going to Curves three times a week and watching what I eat (including, and most importantly, the amounts). I haven't been eating bread, which has helped a lot, and it really hasn't been that hard. So, onward and upward...or downward!
No comments:
Post a Comment