Thursday, February 11, 2010

I feel a cold coming on...yuk!

It's not surprising...it seems like everywhere I go lately, someone is either coming down with a cold, in the middle of a cold, or just getting over a cold. I'm dosing myself up with cold meds and will hopefully lessen the symptoms. For now, it's just a bit of a sore throat.

I'm really looking forward to next Monday. For one reason, it's Brent's 40th birthday - cause for major celebration, don't you think? Then, my BFFs are coming to visit for the day. I'm not sure what we're going to be doing - a nice lunch and maybe an afternoon movie - or shopping. It's not really important what we do, just that we're together.

Bern and I are going out for dinner on Saturday for Valentine's Day. There's a little place in Fonthill called Keith's that's putting on a special dinner for $29.95 for two. We couldn't pass that up. You get to share a shrimp cocktail, have soup or salad, a New York strip steak and dessert. Sounds like a bargain to me! We actually stopped in there for breakfast this morning after dropping my car off for it's six month checkup and oil change. We walked into the restaurant and who should we meet but our next door neighbours, Stew and Sheila. We had a nice visit!

We were very excited to watch Survivor tonight - it was great! I'm cheering for Boston Rob - he's always been my favourite Survivor! Anyway, it looks like (in the preview of next week's show) that he gets injured - NOT good. Does anyone else watch The Bachelor? I wasn't going to - but can't help myself...my guilty pleasure. I know, I know...it's crap - oh well.

Bern's back and neck have really been bothering him so now he's seeing a chiropractor who is also trained in acupuncture, so hopefully some of the pain will be relieved. We were at the eye doctor again last Tuesday and he's back on medication. There's always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment