My dear friend, Jackie emailed me today asking for prayers for her husband, Jim. Bern and Jim have been friends since they were kids growing up together in Massey. Jackie and I became friends as soon as we met each other and now regard each other as sisters. Jimmy has always been very active all his life, but has been unable to move very much in the last few years due to an injury incurred while in the military many years ago resulting in one leg being much shorter than the other. This, of course, causes intense pain in his hips and back. Jackie has been such an amazing wife and friend to this man. I honestly don't know if I would have the patience she shows every day in meeting his increasingly demanding needs. Please pray for her, too. Her email follows:
Hello there. Just to let you know Jim had not great news last week. He went to see his kidney Specialist and was told that his kidneys are 25% now. In a few years he might need dialysis. He sees his Dr. tomorrow and will be put on insulin. He has been on a diet for a month already but now must learn all about sugars and salt in food packages. What ticks us off is that he was tested for more then 3 years on kidneys and when they reached 50% last summer they did nothing, just kept pumping metformin (sugar pills) on him. Now they took him off those and put him on 4 of a different type which are not working, so I talked to my brother and he said insist on them getting him on the needle so tomorrow he begins. He certainly needs prayers now. Well that's the news now and I feel better telling you this. Thanks for being there. Jackie
Hello there. Just to let you know Jim had not great news last week. He went to see his kidney Specialist and was told that his kidneys are 25% now. In a few years he might need dialysis. He sees his Dr. tomorrow and will be put on insulin. He has been on a diet for a month already but now must learn all about sugars and salt in food packages. What ticks us off is that he was tested for more then 3 years on kidneys and when they reached 50% last summer they did nothing, just kept pumping metformin (sugar pills) on him. Now they took him off those and put him on 4 of a different type which are not working, so I talked to my brother and he said insist on them getting him on the needle so tomorrow he begins. He certainly needs prayers now. Well that's the news now and I feel better telling you this. Thanks for being there. Jackie
Fran, Mike and Heather arrived yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful visit. I made ribs, rice, green beans, garlic bread and caesar salad. It was yummy! I made a banana bread earlier in the day, which we devoured later while watching the Olympics on TV. We all wanted to watch our Canadian short track speed skater race against Apollo Ohno. We were stunned as we watched two little Koreans come from behind to place in first and second place, with Ohno in third. The two Canadian skaters were leading throughout the whole race!! DANG!
This morning, we all went to church. The sermon was inspiring - I love our church! Fran and Mike treated us to breakfast/lunch before they left to go back home. It was lovely having the chance to spend time with Heather. She's agreed to help me with Brent and Tammy's table decorations for their wedding - hurray! She's very creative and loves crafting as much as I do.
I don't remember if I asked for prayers for James. I know I asked Mom in an email. James woke up Friday morning with an eye infection. He said his upper eyelid was all puffed up and red. He went to the clinic and the doctor gave him some cream to put in his eye four times a day - which worries me as he's always been squeamish about anything touching his eyes. I've left him a voicemail asking him to call us and let us know how his eye is, but I haven't heard anything yet. James, I know you read this.....so, call Mommy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment