Monday, November 2, 2009

Bern turned 69 on Sunday

We made it through another Halloween. We had probably in excess of 100 kids. Bern really enjoys handing out candy. He was giving handfuls away at a time. I had to remind him that other people were also giving them candy!

Sunday was Bern's 69th birthday. I got him a nice bathrobe and a book. He got emails from Brent, Mom, Ted, Coby to mention a few - and nice calls from James, Penny & Howard. We called Lyn Wood (she and her family were our next-door neighbors in Oakville before they moved to Edmonton). Lyn's birthday is the same day as Bern's. It was nice to talk to her. I made Bern an apple pie instead of cake (that's what he wanted) and so far, he's eaten two pieces. Because my weigh-in is tomorrow, I've refrained from even a taste.

I've finished Nev's Christmas cards and am now waiting for Bella's pictures to insert in them. The cards turned out great - I hope Brad and Nev like them, too. Now, I have to get started on my own Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment