Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday night already?

Man, I've been having so much trouble with my desktop computer. It all started when I purchased a software program that was supposed to speed it up. The first time I installed it, my computer crashed! So, of course I thought there was a conflict somewhere. I couldn't get it to work at all, so I reformatted the hard drive with the help of my friends at Dell. By the way, they are the BEST. I don't even have a service contract any more, but they continue to help me when I need it. I will definitely buy another Dell! Anyway, I loaded up all my programs again and decided that I'd try the new software again since my computer was virtually new again. Wrong! It crashed again! I tried several things without success - so, I re-reformatted the hard drive, but I couldn't figure out how to load one of the drivers. When Wade, Becky and the kids came over Saturday afternoon, I asked Wade if he could take a look at it. He had it fixed within half an hour! I told him he was my favourite son for the day! On a good note, the software company gave me my money back.

We had a nice visit with the Feere's. We ordered pizza for supper and I took an apple pie out of the freezer for dessert. I didn't eat any pie but I did have a couple pieces of pizza and loved every bite! They left very early Sunday morning. Payge was participating in an Irish dance competition in Niagara Falls. I talked to Wade tonight - Payge didn't place in this event, but it was a great experience for her. She's still young and has a long way to go - but, she is very, very good!

PLEASE PRAY for my cousin Bev and her husband Nick. Nick just lost his best friend, John to cancer. I know how hard it was on Bern when his friend Mike passed away, so I know how much Nick will need your prayers for awhile.

I got a lovely email from Penny last night. They're home from Jamaica after having a wonderful, restful time. She sent along some pictures - just to make us all jealous!! They do look like they had a good time, huh? I talked to her today and she says Bella is walking pretty well. When Penny and Howard went over to see her, Bella walked about 16 steps before plopping down. We're planning to go visit them for a couple days in a couple of weeks. Now, for the pictures...









No comments:

Post a Comment