Monday, November 30, 2009

Great weekend!

A drum roll please....I had my 2-month weigh-in and measure at Curves today. I've lost 17.4 pounds and 18 inches!!!! I'm very pleased. I wore a pair of slacks to church yesterday that I haven't been able to wear since I quit work. Still a ways to go, though.

We had a great time this weekend with Lon and Karen. They arrived on Saturday around 4:00. Karen brought her pictures of their trip to Greece. What a fabulous trip! Karen had been there 30 years ago on a school trip and had her picture taken under the same fig tree!

Later, we had roast beef, mashed potatoes, etc. for supper and then went for a little walk around the neighborhood to admire the Christmas lights. It was lots of fun. When we got back, we had (they had) apple pie and ice cream. I found some wonderful sugar-free, low fat ice cream for me called Nestles Real Dairy Chocolate - yummy!

Sunday morning we had breakfast and then went to church. The music was great - some of the old hymns - so nice! Pastor delivered an inspiring sermon - he's such an amazing speaker. We came back home again for lunch. Lonny entertained us on the piano - he's so talented. Reluctantly, they packed up and left around 4:00 p.m. We enjoyed spending time with them so much, we are planning another visit during the holidays when their whole family is home.


I took some of my Christmas cards to Curves on Saturday. The owner, Susan, asked me if I'd like to sell some of them to the ladies who come in to work out. I said I'd love to. I also took in some gift tags I'd made last year. Anyway, we'll see what happens there. Nobody has extra money this year, so I may not get any sales. She also said if I wanted to teach card-making classes, I could set up in the back room. She's so sweet! I don't think there's enough room for that, but I appreciated her suggestion anyway.

Our Brent called this morning. He sounded frazzled by all the wedding planning! They went to see some places for the wedding and have narrowed them down to two. Tammy's thesis should be finished by the end next week - then they can relax a little bit before they get all the other arrangements made. Of course, he's hoping we can go there for his wedding. We really can't afford to go, but we may be able to come up with the money for James' airfare (if he can get the time off work). I'm leaving this in God's hands - and told Brent he needs to do the same thing!

1 comment:

  1. My son Rick & his wife Jaki celebrated American thanksgiving & his 37th anniversary in style also. Prime rib with the fixin's on the menu ,with beaujolais nouveau & of course pumpkin pie and a brandy nightcap. "Twas fun.. We also like to start our Christmas season with American Thanksgiving as our springboard.We're not that far from the border.Lol.Happy you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete