We had such a good time on Sunday. We arrived at James and Emily's at around noon and spent a little time with them before we left for Penny and Howard's for Thanksgiving dinner. Penny planned to have an early dinner so we wouldn't be too late getting home afterward. It's about a two hour drive from Welland to their new house. Soon after we arrived, Marty (Pen's oldest son) came in. The children were spending the day with Lisa so we had a good chance to visit with Marty. Penny had smoked salmon, cream cheese and crackers for an appetizer. I was pleased because I wasn't at all tempted!! But, by the time supper was ready, I could have eaten the whole turkey - I didn't. I was very good, in fact. I had one piece of turkey and the rest veggies, with a teensy-tiny piece of pumpkin pie for dessert - good, eh?
As soon as Brad, Nev and Bella arrived, dinner was served - and it was scrumptious! It was so nice to sit down to a Thanksgiving dinner I didn't have to make - thanks, Pen & Howard! Next year, though, we'll have it at our house. James missed the brussel sprouts!! Emily's mother was having another Thanksgiving dinner on Monday, so they were also looking forward to that. I'm sure they ended up with lots of left-overs, including the ones Auntie Penny sent them home with.
Bern's busily getting ready for moose hunting - he leaves on Sunday for a week. He's got all his gear lined up in the basement ready to load in his truck and has made a list of all the extraneous items he will need like eye drops, sinus meds, no-calorie snack foods, etc. I'm planning a trip into Oakville one of the days to visit my girl friends. I'm also going to be working on some Christmas cards for Nev and Brad - so that will keep me occupied for a couple of weeks.
Well, here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving day.

Beautiful Thanksgiving table!

This is a painting I did in 1992 and gave to Penny for her 50th birthday. They had it re-framed - looks pretty good there!

Our James!

The star of the day!

The other star of the day!!

Do they look hungry???

A little ham with your turkey?

James was first in line for pie and ice cream.

Howard, Penny, Brad and Nev

Howard and me

Emily enjoyed playing with Bella - Bella enjoyed it, too!

Cousins: Bradley, James and Martin
After I took the picture, I realized Brad looks like he's
wearing Anthony Kim's golf hat!!

Our James and Emily (so cute!)
No comments:
Post a Comment