Bern left early this morning to go moose hunting. This is MY week during the year to just relax, although you wouldn't know it by the week I have planned! Tomorrow morning, I'm taking my car in to the dealership for a checkup and to get the oil changed. After that, I'll go to Curves. I LOST ANOTHER 3 POUNDS last week - totalling 11 pounds so far.
Tuesday afternoon, I'm driving to Oakville to spend the night with Fran & Mike. Fran, Jan and I will catch the GO Train into Toronto at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday to meet up with Maggie. Then, I'm planning to come back home Wednesday evening, hopefully with craft supplies to start on Nev's Christmas cards. Thursday, I'll go to Curves again and then get started on the cards. Oops, I don't have anything booked for Friday so I'll continue to work on Christmas cards. Saturday morning, I'm going to the Food Management course offered by Curves, followed by a workout. Sunday, Bern will be back home - and, that's it!
God just smiles when we make plans - so we'll see how this all works out. I'll keep you posted.
I had a lovely email from my sweet cousin, Beverly. "Nick's friend and moose hunting partner is in Mayo Clinic with cancer, and I don't know if Nick will ever go fishing or moose hunting with him again. Keep John in your prayers, for healing or for a painfree passing, whichever is God's will for him." We will pray for him, Bev.
I had to ask Ces to email me her pictures as I can't figure out how to get them off the Powerpoint presentation she sent. I used to know how to do all those things, but I guess I'm getting old! My desktop computer needed to be reformatted the other day since it wouldn't even boot up any more. There was some kind of conflict and I'll be darned if I could work it out - so frustrating! Then, after I reloaded Windows, I couldn't get some of the Dell drivers to load which were the ones needed to connect to the internet. I phoned Dell and even though my service contract had expired a couple years ago, the technician spent a couple of hours helping me get everything back in working order. If you're thinking of buying a new computer, consider a Dell - the service is first-rate!
I spent all afternoon, after church, loading back my programs and updates. My computer is running like a Swiss watch now - wonderful! I was hoping a brand new, top of the line computer was in my future with the sale of our cottage, but that's not going to happen now. So, what I might do is double up my RAM on this one to make it run smoother. I'm rambling, aren't I? Well, I think I'll work on a scrapbook page for awhile before bed.
Be safe out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment