I talked to my brother, John who lives in Tampa, last night as I had read his post on facebook asking for prayer for his wife, Sharon. He couldn't give details online, so I called him. He said Sharon is doing better. Sharon has had Muscular Dystrophy all her life and now that she's getting older (like the rest of us), her condition and symptoms seem to compound. She was without her medication for four days (I didn't ask why) and that made things worse. Now, she's back on her meds, she's doing better.
Also had an email from my brother Gary who lives in Wisconsin. His son, Gabriel suffered a drug overdose earlier this year. He is doing amazingly well. He's back in school and getting A's and B's with only one D that they're working on. Praise the Lord! There was a very real chance he would have brain damage from a lack of oxygen while he was unconscious.
I had a call from my beautiful sister-in-law, Ces in Montana who is my youngest brother's wife. Of course, my first reaction was - what's wrong? It turned out to be a "happy news" call. She and Greg have completed the purchase of a flooring business they have virtually been running the past few years. It includes three warehouses which they are planning to renovate, creating a showroom and sales area. Melia (their oldest daughter has moved back to Wolf Point with her three children. She's a hairdresser, so Greg and Ces are planning to create a salon for her in part of one of the buildings. So exciting! Cassie is helping Greg with installations and also has a waitressing job. Her ex-husband has left town leaving total custody of Joey with Cass - this is good news, too.
Anyway, as the renovations start to happen, Ces is going to send me pictures and updates for us all to enjoy here. I can't wait!
The diet is going well and I've done the Curves circuit four times now. Bern's iritis is flaring up again. He's going back to the doctor tomorrow. Please pray. His moose hunting trip is coming up October 18th and if his eye is too bad, he won't be able to go - we don't want that! I'm planning to meet up with my BFF's during that week. We're not totally sure what we're going to do yet - we may go into Toronto to meet up with Maggie and maybe see a movie. Or, we may go to a spa. I'm up for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment