Monday, October 20, 2008

Brent called Sunday morning and we had a nice chat - all except the part where he went offside about us helping James with his rent! I don't get it - you'd think he'd be happy that we're looking out for his little brother instead of whining about how James might be getting more help than he got. He doesn't seem to remember that he took off and went to college in Sault Ste. Marie when he could have stayed closer so we had some idea of whether he needed help or not, insisting everything was "under control". Then, he went out west. Anyway, I hope he doesn't equate love with money because he's always been just as much loved as James - and for 13 years longer. Okay, I'm finished ranting! After that, we talked about how nervous he was talking to Tammy's father. They are thrilled about the upcoming wedding. The only thing her Dad asked is that Tammy finish her education - Brent agreed. He said her family is really wonderful to him.

Fran came out to visit around noon. We had a terrific time just catching up on news over coffee and diet cookies - boy, we're good! We went over to the mall, where Fran bought an outfit for work. She's losing weight and is looking good. We had lunch - salad!!! Mike had pictures burned to a CD of their trip to England, so when we came back to the house, we looked at almost 200 pictures - beautiful! Mike is a very good photographer - he really knows how to compose a picture, not just snap shots of scenery.

We had supper of pasta and sauce and then Fran left around 7:00. It was a good day. Today, I worked on Christmas cards. All 50 fronts are mostly finished, so tomorrow I'll glue on the seed beads and then start on the insides. Then, I've got to do some housework. Even though there's been nobody here for over a month, dust has settled on everything - furniture, floors, carpets.

I heard the most beautiful country song on the radio the other day - I think it's called "A father's love is forever". I nearly started crying, missing my Dad. I feel so bad that I didn't stay more in touch with him while he was alive. He's been on my mind a lot over the past few months, for some reason. Anyway, it's late so I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment