I'm getting so tired of all the sadness, aren't you? It seems that every time I turn around, there's more bad news to report. My nephew Jeremiah and his lovely wife Ashley were pregnant with twin girls, but last week one of the babies has died. Although they are now looking forward to the birth of only one baby girl, there is still a sense of loss since they'd already named and fallen in love with both babies.
My cousin Linda's husband, Arnold has suffered two heart attacks in the last two days and has developed pneumonia in one lung - all this while being on dialysis for over a year.
Bern's not out of the woods either. He's back on antibiotics and the doctor thinks he's showing signs of early stage COPD. They're going to do another xray to make sure.
My friend, Lynne (the girl I used to work with in Toronto) told me her Mom has Alzeimer's and isn't doing very well at all. It's so sad. Lynne's coming down in May and we'll go have lunch together - maybe in Niagara-on-the-Lake again. I love it there!
Okay, here's some happy news - Penny and Howard have set their wedding date for November 12th. We're so pleased for them and can't wait to help them celebrate!
My BFF's are getting excited about the Royal Wedding. They're coming here so we can all watch it together. Maggie has bought us all hats!! I'm going to make little sandwiches and scones. It's going to be silly and so much fun! I've got all the sleeping arrangements sorted out. We have a queen size blow-up bed and I went out and bought a twin size bed, too, along with a pretty little comforter and new sheets - so we're good.
Tomorrow, Lise and Wayne are coming for a visit. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and give us a couple of nice days so we can take them to Niagara Falls and show them around our neck of the woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment