Our little grand niece, Courtney Anderson is 3-years cancer free as of last November - Praise the Lord! Here is her letter explaining her "Ride to Conquer Cancer" this year:
Dear friends,
As the weather is getting nicer, I am excited to polish up my bike and get ready to hit the road again, for the 3rd year in a row. I am thrilled to announce that my 3 year anniversary of being cancer-free just passed in November and I have my family, friends, doctors and bike to thank for that!
This summer I will be participating in the 2011 Ride to Conquer Cancer—an event that is so dear to my heart. As a cancer survivor, given a second chance at life motivates me to contribute to a cure for cancer as well as maintain good health. The ride is an excellent way for me to do this as it not only challenges me physically by keeping fit, emotionally by remember those who have passed on due to cancer, as well as socially as it encourages me to spread cancer awareness.
I ride for all of those who have been touched by cancer, especially those who have lost a loved one to cancer. 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer within their lifetime. It is time to put an end to cancer and find a cure to this devastating disease. Through my cancer journey I have met many amazing people at Sick Kids and Princess Margaret Hospital, as well as at Camp Oochigeas who have been touched by cancer. I ride for them and will always remember my grandfather, Len Hennessy, who passed away from brain cancer, as well as my friends lost, Austin Brasil and Jalal Rafinjad.
I am a survivor and my ultimate goal is to live to see a cure for cancer. In order to part take in the ride I must fundraise $2,500. I am asking for your support in helping me reach my goal. Please help contribute to putting an end to cancer: http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/courtney_anderson
With sincere thanks,
Courtney Anderson

No comments:
Post a Comment