Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More prayer requests

Please pray for Fran and Mike's daughter, Heather. She was to move into her new place this weekend, when the landlord threw them a curve by telling them he didn't want to declare her rent as income. When you're trying to live a Christian lifestyle, you need to take a stand and that's what Fran and Mike did. Now, even though they're trusting the Lord to provide an answer to this dilemna, it's a very stressful time for them all. Last year, at this time (just when Heather was to move into a new house owned by her best friend, Sarah), Sarah committed suicide, which had a profoundly sad effect on Heather. The Lord has taken care of her this year and she's come through it all with her faith intact and stronger than ever. We're praying that she will see God's hand in this latest situation, too, and that Fran and Mike will be able to rest in the knowledge that God is in control.

Another baby is in trouble and needs prayer. My cousin has asked for prayer for another little one - here's her email:

Hello, you wonderful prayer partners!

Today at a closing I heard from a grandfather about his two-year-old grandson who is having surgery tomorrow to have his colon removed. He has some disease, the name of which I cannot recall, which has caused it not to function and essentially shut down. the doctors will connect his small intestine directly to his rectum, and while his bowel functions will not be what we think of as normal, he will do okay if all this goes well. So please pray for him when you think of him. His name is Braden, and if I can get some updates on him, I will. I had never met this man before, but he was obviously worried and hurting for his little grandson, and he was most grateful when I told him I would get some really great people praying for successful surgery and a good outcome for Braden.

Thank you and God bless and keep you. You're all wonderful!
Love, Bev
 
Bern and his friend, Ray, left this morning to go up to Ray's cottage to check that he'd winterized it properly. He and Shirley usually spend time up there during the winter, but this year they'll be staying at home. Bern called to say they'll be home tomorrow afternoon. I had a lazy day - well, not totally lazy...I did computer maintenance! I backed up my computer and Bern's laptop. Then, I made some Christmas cards and tidied up my craft room again. Tomorrow, I'll do some housework - oh, joy! I'll start decorating for Christmas this weekend. When I look around the neigbourhood, almost everyone already has their lights up. It's time to put on some Christmas CD's, pour some eggnog, and get into the spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment