I swear the first three weeks of December go faster than any other three-week period all year!! Having said that, I got my Christmas cards all done and in the mail yesterday - hurray! Now, I'll start baking cookies and stuff. It's not that I have to do it, it just that I love doing it. I also have friends, neighbours, a husband and a son who all enjoy the fruits of my labours, too!
We've been getting some snow the last few days. It's very early for us to have snow. We're usually wondering if we're going to have a white Christmas or not. However, the folks in Buffalo have really been dumped on, and they're only about half a hour away from us. We live in a pretty good area, weather-wise. It's been pretty cold, though and I'm so happy I got my rose bush cut back and covered up just in time.
We went to Hamilton yesterday to visit a granite showroom - well it wasn't really much of a showroom - more like a warehouse. They will come out on Wednesday morning to give us a quotation on installing countertops in our kitchen. Then, today on the way back from Niagara Falls, we stopped in at another showroom (a real showroom this time) and asked them to come out next Tuesday to give us another quote. They also had backspash material, which I fell in love with! I'm starting to get excited about the whole thing now. We wouldn't start the work until after Christmas - it's going to take at least a week to finish.
We called my sister-in-law, Ces yesterday to wish her a happy birthday (a day late) and while I was talking to her, my Mom arrived with Ces birthday present, so I got to talk to her, too! She sounds great, too. The snow is really bad out there on the prairies and her car keeps being buried! Maybe if we pray for it, God will make the wind blow the snow away from her car!
I got a lovely email from Jackie in Massey the other day. Jim went for his checkup in Sudbury and came away with good news, so it will be a merry Christmas at their house this year!
I had two Christmas lunches this week! The first one was with our little Baptist Women's group from church. We went to a Chinese restaurant - buffet. Some of the hubbies (including mine) came along for the lunch and then afterward, us girls went over to Barb's for our meeting. The other lunch was with the executive of Niagara Women's Connection. It was held at one of the fancy-shmancy golf clubs here in Welland. We had a really great lunch and lots of fun. I made another invitation for our January meeting. It turned out kind of cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment