Friday, December 24, 2010

Hot chocolate and goodies!

We invited a few of the folks from church over for hot chocolate and goodies on Wednesday night. They went Christmas caroling and so were frozen by the time they got to our house. We had a great time, of course. How can you miss with hot chocolate (the real cocoa!) and cookies - not to mention popcorn balls and divinity. Most of them hadn`t even heard of divinity - but are now addicted! It`s better than being addicted to other white, fluffy stuff! Anyway, we had a wonderful evening. Christine even entertained us on the piano and gave a rousing rendition of ``I``ll be home for Christmas`` - she`s so funny!




During the day, though, I went through my boxes of Christmas decorations and spruced up my meager attempts at decorating - so, the house looked spectacular by the time I`d finished. See, I just needed a little push - it`s the whole ùnder pressure`thing.

This is weird - my puncuation keys are doing funny things! Oh well, I don`t have time to figure it out right now. Bern`s gone to the store for last-minute food supplies. He took a plate of goodies over to Ray and Shirley. Poor Shirley just found out she`s borderline diabetic - she`ll have to serve the treats to her guests. Sorry, Shirley! They bought Bern a half-hour with a massage therapist for Christmas. His neck is really killing him and they thought maybe it would help - which it did for a couple of hours. I think he needs to go back a few more times, though.

We got this adorable picture on a Christmas card from Nev and Brad of little Bella. You`re right, Nev, she is growing up fast - she`s already two years old!!



Anyway, we`re looking forward to Christmas Eve with James and then Christmas in Oakville. We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas holiday and pray for only good things to happen in 2011.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment