Sunday, November 28, 2010

Great news!

Here is an update on baby Alexi. My cousin Bev reports "thanks to all your prayers and good thoughts, this little one has come through!"

From the baby's Daddy: "Thank you for all your support, prayers and sentiments.


Alexi, Carrie and I came home from the hospital last night after 11 days in intensive care.


Alexi showed amazing strength, determination and resiliancy during his recovery prompting one of the Dr's to indicate there may have been devine intervention involved. I personally feel it's no coincidence the name of the hospital we transferred to was named St. Francis. I prayed to Frank several times and know he heard us and helped.


It's been a relentless journey which has tested us on many levels. We are very fortunate to have such an amazing support group of family, friends and angels.


Please enjoy the attached pictures. I especially enjoy the image of Alexi sporting his "Russian" hat, which matches his name based on Carrie's recently discovered Russian heritage.


Thank you again for all your support. It meant so much to us in the most difficult time we've faced."


Seanan AlYasiri


We've had a busy week! What else is new? We got the carpet cleaned in the family room and guest room. Doesn't sound like much, but it involved lots of furniture moving. We discovered ugly pink blotches under the bed in the guest room and realized that they came from a couple of times the laundry room sink overflowed bleachy, soapy water. The water seeped under the wall. Anyway, nobody can see the blotches since they're under the bed - and now, they're perfectly clean blotches (they didn't come out).

I've been looking at different countertop materials. The kitchen countertops are the next on my list of updates to the house. The list of choices is mind-boggling! A rep from one company is coming over to give me an estimate on Wednesday morning. I'll get a couple more estimates, though. I've decided not to paint the cabinets (right now), but I'm going to change the hardware, install a nice backsplash and change out the countertops. Then, I'm done - except for painting the bathrooms and our bedroom, but that's easy stuff. We'll get through Christmas first. Bern bought the paint for the basement floor. Once that's done, he'll be putting up shelving down there for all the cartons of stuff we're storing, plus our Christmas decorations, etc.

On Saturday, our church is presenting The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. A group from Toronto is coming out to our church to do the production. Fran and Mike are coming out for it and Shirley and Ray will join us, as well. It's going to be very special! The next week, I have three lunch dates!! On Tuesday, the 7th I'm meeting up with a girl I met at Curves. She used to be a police officer, but retired to raise her daughter. She's really nice and loves scrapbooking, too. Then, on Wednesday, the Baptist Women's group is meeting at Kimonos Chinese Restaurant for lunch. This is the little group of ladies who've been in the church forever! The average age (including mine) is about 80. Thursday, I've been invited to join the executive of the Niagara Women's Convention for their Christmas luncheon. This is the group I do the invitations for. My diet will have to wait until after Christmas, I'm afraid.

I turn in my heart monitor on Tuesday. I'll be glad to be rid of it, too. The patches are SO itchy! Besides, it hasn't recorded any unusual heart sounds in over a week, which is a good sign. So, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment