Got this email today from my cousin Bev, who is asking for prayers for a new little baby boy. Here's what she says, followed by the email she got from her friend, the baby's father.
Some of you may already know about Alexi and are already praying for him. For those of you who don't, he is the infant son of a very dear friend who was our son Frank's close friend as well, and he is in critical condition following complications during birth. Please pray for him, and if you are part of any other prayer groups, please ask them to add him to their prayers as well. His parents have waited a long time for him, and this has got to be the worst time for them; keep them in your prayers as well.
Thank you all for whatever you do, and I will surely let you know whatever news I hear.
Bev
On Thursday, Novemeber 18 at 1:41 am, we welcomed our son Alexi Seanan Alyasiri. Alexi weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and is 20.25 inches long!
Alexi has had a few challenges to deal with due to complications during delivery and is in critical condition. Alexi is going to stay at the Children's Hospital in Peoria, at this point into December, and we will be going between Peoria and Bloomington until we bring our son home.
Carrie is doing well physically. Both of us are emotionally exhausted but remain hopeful. Good thoughts and prayers for Alexi.
It gives us hope that the name of our hospital is St. Francis. Not only is it one of the best facilities in the world, but he has an angel helping him. Please keep Alexi in your thoughts. The next few days are very important.
Thank you!
Well, I finally finished the poncho I was knitting, after taking it apart several times. I am so glad I stuck to it, though. It looks great and is so cozy! Plus, I love the sleeves! I knitted up a little ear warmer with the extra yarn. I'd been admiring this pattern in the Mary Maxim catalogue all year and finally bit the bullet and sent away for the kit. It took awhile to make, but is worth it! Here are a few pictures.
Man, I'm getting old-looking! Oh well, can't stop it, I guess. Have a great day, everybody!!

No comments:
Post a Comment