Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My goodness - where have I been?

We got back from a lovely week in Massey on Saturday evening. We unpacked the Jeep and went out for supper. It's good to be back home. I don't want to leave again for awhile! Anyway, we left last Friday morning and got to Wayne and Lise's late afternoon. Saturday, it rained and was windy and cold, so we just stayed in all day. Sunday afternoon, Bern and I went over to see Jim and Jackie for awhile.

Monday was Bern's birthday, so at the crack of dawn (actually before the crack) he and Wayne got up and went out into the fields to wait for some deer to come by - which they didn't do for four days. They did, however, thumb their furry little noses from across the road on another farm on which our hunters didn't have permission to hunt! Oh well. Lise wasn't feeling well on Monday, so I took the Jeep into Massey and had a nice visit with Jocelyn and Andre. They were on their way to visit their son, Jeffrey and grandkids the next day, so I'm glad I decided to drop in when I did. As I said, Lise wasn't feeling well all day (she has fibromyalgia and arthritis) so she and Wayne stayed home while Bern and I and the chocolate cake I made went over to Jim and Jackie's to celebrate with the very tired-out birthday boy.


Jackie and I spent the day together on Tuesday shopping in Espanola and then having a late lunch before coming back to Massey late in the afternoon. We had a great time - we always do! Wednesday night, Wayne and Lise and Bern and I all went out for dinner at the Dragonfly restaurant. They make a wonderful Cashew Chicken Stirfry that I have every time I go there. Anyway, Bern got lots of hunting in and really enjoyed the week, which was the whole point.

On Friday, Karleen and Lou arrived around 4:30 p.m. and we got to have dinner and visit with them for a few hours, which was great. Karleen is looking great and really covets our prayers and is so thankful for everyone who thinks about her and prays for her.
Me, Lise and Karleen

This is interesting - well, kind of. I started back to Curves yesterday and ended up in the back of an ambulance!!! I overdid it - I guess I was trying to get rid of the 10 pounds I gained since Taiwan in one session. I have low blood pressure and my doctor said today that when we exercise, the blood rushes to our muscles. If you have low blood pressure, the blood doesn't get to your brain as fast as it should, so you can feel dizzy or pass out. Here's what happened - I was going full tilt around the circuit and near the end of the second round, I started to feel dizzy so I sat down on one of the machines and put my head down. Because I arms were propped up, I didn't fall down. I could faintly hear my name being called, so I think I was out of it for a few seconds. Anyway, the girls called 911 - bless their hearts, they were so worried. They also called Bern who arrived while I was in the ambulance. They took my blood pressure, checked blood sugars, hooked me up to the EKG machine and monitored my heart rate for awhile. They were going to take me to the hospital, but I declined the invitation with their instructions to follow up with my doctor as soon as possible.

I went to my doctor this morning and she checked me over. She sent me for blood tests and she is scheduling me for an echo cardiogram at the hospital - just to make sure everything is okay. She also said I should have more salt in my diet - I said "cool"!!!! She said because my blood pressure is so low, the extra salt will help me retain fluids better. I don't suppose she means the salt should be on potato chips, though! Anyway, I'll keep you all posted as soon as I know anything. I feel good and will go back to Curves in the morning - but will only go around the circuit once instead of twice for the next few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment