Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Still no dress!

I went out this morning to find a dress for the wedding. I went to St. Catharines to a big mall there called the Penn Centre. I swear I went into every store there and couldn't find a thing - I never dreamed it would be this hard to find a dress! I did, however, buy three swimsuits. I know there's no way anybody needs three swimsuits, but my rationale is that I shouldn't have to go through that humiliation ever again in my lifetime! I finally gave up and came home at 3:30 p.m.

Sheila, my next door neighbour, was outside talking to our other neighbour, Lynn so I went out to get some more ideas on where to shop in the area. They both agreed that the place to go is Buffalo and Sheila happily agreed to go with me on Friday - she LOVES to shop! So, there is still hope on the horizon.

We're celebrating Fran's 60th birthday on Sunday (her actual birthday is on Saturday). Her family has reserved a section of Alice Fazoolis restaurant for the event and they are providing drinks, appetizers and desserts  -we will buy our own entrees. It should be lots of fun since we're picking up James to go with us. Hopefully, Fran and Heather get back in time from England - what with the British Airline strike and the ash clouds, etc. I'll take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment