Sunday, June 27, 2010

My deck is finished!

Wait until you see the pictures - I'll try to get them on here tomorrow! I'm so happy with the way it turned out. It took a long time, but it was worth it. Ray and Shirley came over this afternoon to take a look, as well as our neighbours, Bev and Dave. We're going to have a little deck party for the neighbourhood when we get back from Taiwan.

We got my craft room painted a beautiful soft gold colour. Everything is cleaned and back in order. That was a huge job, but it really looks nice and now I can get back to "work". We went out yesterday to get some livingroom furniture. What a process!!! I found the sofa, chair and ottoman I wanted right away, but NO, we had to travel all over southern Ontario just to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. After a full day of shopping and traveling, we went back to the original store in Welland and got the set I wanted in the first place. Now, when it gets delivered, we get to go around and around about how to place it in the room - until we finally decide that the way I want it is really the best way! You'd think after 36 years together, I'd be used to this, huh? Oh well, he has a good heart.

We're looking forward to going to Pen and Howard's on Friday. Brenda is coming from Calgary on Wednesday for a week's visit (not long enough!) and it's Marty's birthday on Friday, so we'll be having a little party. We're going to stay overnight and then bring Brenda home with us on Saturday. Sunday, we're having a BBQ here and whoever can come will be welcome! Lon and Karen will be on vacation at their trailer at Sherkston Beach, which is only 20 minutes from here, so they'll be here. Bern says he'll go pick up James if nobody's coming through Oakville.

I can't believe we'll be on the plane to Taiwan in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment