My mother received this email from my brother, Rick the other day, about Solomon's long road to recovery. Thank you all for your prayers - it sounds like we still need a few more.
Holy cow, forgive me please. It seems like the days just run together and I've lost track of things.
Gosh, well, Solomon is starting to put on 'some' weight, although not much. I can see the little changes because I am with him. His overall strength is returning slowly but surely; he can walk further without getting as winded and tired. There seems to be a problem developing however, on his right leg from the knee down to his foot. On Monday we'll go to another doctor appointment and hopefully get some answers. His arm and fingers are making some progress, but oh so slow. He still can't grip anything, open his hand, or manipulate his wrist. The thumb is the worst of all of them I think, in that it has little or no movement - a little wiggle is all. He is frustrated at times due to the constant pain, but he does well mostly to try and stay away from the pain medication... I told him I'd buy it from him! haha
I just returned to work on Tuesday of this week. Almost didn't come in today though. I got sick yesterday afternoon - swollen glands, high fever. Its not as bad today though. On Monday next, Solomon and I will go to the next Dr. appointment to learn more about a schedule for his nerve-testing. That will be in one of a few different places; Salt Lake City, Reno, Vegas. It more or less depends on where the driver (me) is comfortable driving. I'm guessing we'll go to SLC.We've starting packing up all our knick-knacks, photos, craft supplies, books, etc. into plastic bins and into Bern's office for when the contractors come next week to install the hardwood floors upstairs and on the main level. They will do our bedroom, the hallway and my office first. Then, we'll have to move everything out of Bern's office, so they can work in there. They'll do the main floor last.
The deck builder came by this afternoon with his drawing for the permit Bern will take to city hall tomorrow morning. Hopefully, he will come home with good news and we can get started on that project as well. If we can't get it done within the next couple of weeks, we'll have to postpone building it until we get back from Taiwan. I was hoping to get it built in time to have a family BBQ when Brenda is here from Calgary. We can still have the BBQ, but it would have been nicer on a deck.
Tammy posted a wedding picture on facebook today. She emailed me the other day and told me they were having them taken. Apparently, it's quite common to get the wedding pictures out of the way before the actual wedding, so they are available for viewing by the wedding guests at the reception. Pretty nice, huh?


No comments:
Post a Comment