Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dorothy called!

Remember I mentioned that I'd found an old friend through her daughter on facebook? Well, she phoned me this morning and it felt like those 25 years just dissolved away. We had a great chat about our families and what we've been doing since we last saw each other. Of course, our kids are grown up and are making their own way in life. She's planning to come for a visit in August and hopefully she can stay for a couple of days. Then, we can really catch up!

Great news! My deck is a go!!! Bern went down to city hall and sweet talked the administrator into letting us go ahead without a permit. The bylaw is due to be changed in a couple of months anyway. So, it looks like our contractor will start putting in the posts in a couple of days. Hurray!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to St. Catharines to look for a dress for the wedding - and for a swim suit (yuk)...or should I say yuk yuk! I hate trying on swim suits!

No comments:

Post a Comment