Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nice news!

We talked to Howard and Penny yesterday and they were bubbling over with joy. They've sold Howard's house and are now actively looking for a house to call their own. They are very excited about it. It's been a very stressful time for them - and I have to give them credit for sticking it out together. I can't even imagine trying to get used to someone else's habits and eccentricities at this time in my life. I'm just getting used to Bern!!! But, even though Penny and Howard have had some very trying times, they are actively working hard to keep each other. Kudos to you both!

I've been busy making cards - this is a busy time of year for that. I have friends who all seem to have their birthdays in May and June! Then, there's Mother's Day, mother's birthday, etc. etc. Okay, I'm making it sound like an effort when in fact it's a wonderful excuse to create! I'm still waiting for Easter pictures of our little Bella - I hear from her Grandmother they are so cute! I've got all my digital Easter supplies lined up just waiting to be put on scrapbook pages - are you reading this, Nev??? Just kidding - when you get a chance, I'll be checking my email.

Bern's getting all his turkey hunting gear organized and is eager to get out there with Wade on Sunday. He will stay overnight and they will sneak out into the fields before daybreak - and then they will try to stay awake while waiting for the little gobblers to walk out in front of them so they can get their ugly little heads shot off - the turkeys, I mean. I tried cooking wild turkey once - it wasn't pretty! Do you know the movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, where Clark sticks the fork into the very overdone turkey and in a poof, the turkey collapses? Well, mine wasn't quite that bad - but, almost! So, suffice it to say, I'm rooting for the turkeys to get away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment