Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dare I say this? Spring is here!

We've had a few really lovely days. Bern has been spending a lot of time outside - there are lots of things that need to be done. Since we had a leaky basement, the main focus has been to divert water away from the house, so he dug a trench from the front of the house out to the street and buried some weeping tile, which should help. Next, he moved the downspout from the right side of the front door to the left side. He's done such a great job! We've decided to put up dark brown shutters on either side of the front window - I think it will look pretty. Now, we need some bushes and flowers and we're all set. I took a book outside and sat for about 20 minutes reading. As long the the wind didn't blow, it was lovely.

We decided to satisfy our craving for a hamburger tonight and went to McDonald's for Big Macs and fries. Don't think we'll be doing that again for awhile! Now, we're watching Blue Jays baseball. They're decimating the Minnesota Twins. Last night, they won 12-2 and tonight, at the bottom of the 8th, the score is 9-1. My mother would LOVE this!!!

Here are a few more "Bella" pages. The "Noah Birthday" page includes elements by Joni Vickers of Moo's Scrap Designs; the "Sleepy Girls" page uses a quick page from a kit called "Soaring". I'm very proud of the "Life Gets Better" page because I designed the background paper, date tape, word art, and altered the photo so Bella's little foot appears to come out of the picture. The lace is a brush designed by Jenny Binder for Scrappers Guide. Cute, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment