We got up early this morning so I could whip up a couple of raisin pies to take to church for the annual Christmas potluck lunch after the service. There was a special production this morning called Emmanuel which was put on by a family of 7 girls and their mother. One of the daughters played the flute, another the violin, another the harp, three girls danced ballet (simply beautiful), and the other daughter took care of the sound system. The mother narrated, played guitar and sang. What a beautiful presentation!!! It was quite "different" for some of the locals - but, once we got into it, the applause was almost riotous at the end.
We had a lovely lunch with our church family and got to meet more people - it helps to bring pie!!! I always start out with such good intentions when I line up for a buffet meal. I really only take little bits of things, but by the time I get to the end of that line, I swear someone is sneaking things onto my plate when I'm not looking! We're still so full that we'll probably have a sandwich for supper tonight.
We finally watched Batman: The Dark Knight. Really good movie and now I understand why they say Heath Ledger should get an Academy Award - he was brilliant. The only thing I didn't care for was Batman's gravelly voice - must be something in his head gear. Anyway, we enjoyed the movie. Next week, we'll probably go see The Day the Earth Stood Still - on cheap Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment