This is ridiculous!!! But....get this - by the end of this week, the temperature is supposed to go up to 10 degrees Celsius. We'll take it! Poor Bern is suffering - not only from another cold - but from shoveling snow. Yes, he has a snowblower but that doesn't do everything! I went out and helped shovel yesterday, too. Thankfully, my back is fine. I'm hoping I don't catch his cold, especially since we're supposed to be visiting folks over the holidays.
I did some Christmas baking yesterday - butter tarts, shortbread, and lemon squares (first time for lemon squares - they turned out great and they're easy to make). I made up a couple of plates and delivered them to the neighbours on each side of us. They were delighted! I'll have to do some more baking, though, since my husband thinks the rest of the goodies are for him!! Oh well. I want to take a plate over to Coby on Boxing Day and I'm also baking a pumpkin pie for Christmas dinner.
We just got off the phone with Penny and Howard. The move went very well today, so they're settling in together and are very happy. It sounds like they're planning to come here for New Year's Eve, so I'm really looking forward to that. Even if we don't go out, we can always play "Hand and Foot" - I know that sounds boring to everyone under 60, but we love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment