I had to interrupt - I just couldn't help myself! I told her that my father was Norwegian and I'd never heard of such a thing. She said she was Norwegian, too, and she had just come from the plant nursery. At the checkout counter, there was a display of Christmas pickles with a little card explaining the custom. I never did get down there to check it out for myself, but thought with all the Norskies in my family, someone might have heard about it.

I figure if my mother knew she had to come up with an extra present, she probably hid that pickle - I just had a naughty thought...that Norwegian pickle might have been the problem all along!!!!! Just kidding.
Anyway, we've been enjoying some quiet days - me in my craft room making Christmas cards and Bern in his office sorting through boxes of old photos. I gave him my Creative Memories photo sort system and he put it right to work!! Tomorrow, I'll take some pictures of my latest cards and add them to my slideshow. I have about 20 more to make, I think. Just when I think I'm catching up, I think of somebody else to send a card to. I really am having fun.
Oops! I just looked up the Christmas pickle on the net - and, guess what? It's a German custom not Norwegian - whew! I'm so glad this can't be blamed on us!!!
I heard of the Christmas Pickle and read the story. (it's been a while though) Didn't remember where it came from.
ReplyDeleteWeird enough to come from us! HA HA HA... Glad it didn't.
OOOFTA!
Ha ha ha - the "OOOFTA" made me laugh!!! I haven't heard that for a very, very long time. Thanks!
ReplyDelete