We just got word that Nevena's mother passed away last night after many years of illness. It's very sad that she never got to see Brad and Nev's new baby girl, born last Friday. Isn't God gracious sending a little miracle girl to offset the sadness? Who say's there's not a plan? Nev (pictured right) was very close to her Mom and will need lots of prayers over the next little while.
We had a very nice day today. We got up, had breakfast and then set out to do some Christmas shopping - not that we bought much - but, it was fun to get "out there"! We drove to St. Catharines, then to Niagara Falls, then back to our Welland mall. We came home, grabbed a sandwich and then went to the movies. We saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still". We really liked it! It was snowing when we came out. We got home in time to watch "Fringe" and "House". Bern's gone up to bed and I will follow shortly.
I got a card back that I'd send to Cassie. Apparently, the decoration on it was such that it couldn't be examined without damaging it, so the authorities sent it back. I hope they at least let her read it...I'd sent a picture with the card and that didn't come back, so maybe she got that. Now, I'm hoping she gets my Christmas card!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment