I had my first weigh and measure at Curves since we moved - I was pleasantly surprised that nothing much had changed! I was sure I'd gained mucho inches and pounds!! Must be moving boxes and unpacking that kept me in check. Anyway, on Tuesday we ventured over to Beamsville to check out a little second-hand shop we'd found last year when we were hoping to move there. Memories of this little shop resided lovingly in our heads and we couldn't wait to get back there to choose items such a desk for Bern and a night table for our guest room and perhaps some bookcases for the boxes of movies and tapes and books that are still in boxes in the basement. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement! When we were there last year, they had carpets, tables, lamps, chairs - all kinds of treasures. This time, there was hardly anything there and what there was was junk. We stopped in at The Brick on the way back here and bought a couple book cases, since we had a credit owing. They won't be delivered until the end of May.
Wednesday, we went to meet our new doctor. She's about mid-30's, pretty and from South Africa. Her husband also works in the same clinic. Bern's not too sure about having a female doctor but I'm sure if he's uncomfortable about certain procedures (I don't have to elaborate, do I?) her husband will step in. She put Bern on high blood pressure pills. He has to take his blood pressure every day for awhile since it was over 150.
On Thursday, Fran came to visit and stay overnight. Bern went to Wade's to stay overnight so they could get an early start Turkey hunting. Fran treated me to dinner at Boston Pizza. We came back home and watched Survivor, Grey's Anatomy and Lost. We had such a good time! Lots of talking, sharing, hugging and we even got some shopping in. We have a really good Winners at Seaway Mall so we went crazy - well, not crazy but it was great just browsing and buying little things. I'd like to ask you to pray for Fran. She is supposed to go back to work next week and is quite stressed about it since she's been away for awhile recovering from surgery. She has to wait another month before the doctor can proceed with tests as the result of cancer cells found in breast tissue. Even though the doctor says the cells are not the dangerous kind, it's still very worrying.
Today, we went out and got some odds and ends at WalMart and The Source. Bern bought a security system for the house. He worries about me being alone when he goes hunting and fishing. Mind you, it would probably scare me to death if an alarm went off anyway. But, if it will make him feel better, I'm fine with it. We're just watching golf right now and tomorrow we're looking forward to going back to the church we found last week. Hope you all had a great week, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment