I was working on getting my wireless printer to print wirelessly, Bern was stringing telephone wire through the walls so I can hook up a phone in my craft room, when suddenly all my shelves came crashing down!!! There were ink pads, stamps, ribbons, and various bins and boxes scattered all over the floor. I happened to be standing there and managed to catch my modem and router so they didn't get smashed. Apparently, the shelves weren't anchored to wall studs even though we used plugs and screws. Bern repaired the wall and put the shelves up again - this time they're screwed right into studs and I have a written guarantee they won't ever come down again!!! Well, maybe not an actual "written guarantee", but I'm confident they're sturdy enough to hold all my stuff.
Bern took his lawn machine for a little spin around the yard today without the mowing part engaged - just to make sure it still worked. He's been putting fertilizer all over the place, so with a little rain and a little sunshine, he'll be mowing in no time!!
Bern painted the guest room so it looks really nice. We had an extra gallon of upstairs paint left, so we took it back to the paint store and they were able to alter the colour for us. It's a pretty close match to the family room colour.
Okay, I admit to a little paranoia since moving away from Oakville! My friends and I had talked about how strange it was going to be, not living nearby. We agreed that while we all lived so close to each other, we didn't feel the need to see or talk to each other all the time because WE COULD! Well, since moving away I discovered I was missing my friends a lot - to the point of being worried when I didn't hear from them right away. Oh boy! After being reassured that I was indeed still loved and not forgotten, I've relaxed a bit. Thanks, Jan & Fran!!!
We're looking forward to James and Emily's visit this weekend. It was Emily's birthday on Wednesday so we're going to have a little celebration here, too. I've made her card and will pick up a cake on Saturday. Hopefully, they like it here and will want to come back soon.
Penny (Bern's sister) and Howard are coming for a visit on Tuesday around noon. We will have lunch here, maybe show them around town (that will take about 15 minutes), and then later we will go out for dinner at a restaurant in Fonthill called Urban Steakhouse & Grill. Fonthill is around 5 minutes from here. We haven't seen Pen since before Christmas, so it will be nice to catch up before she goes out to Calgary to spend time with Brenda and the girls. Brenda's ex-husband, John, passed away a few weeks ago and even though they had been divorced for quite a few years, it's been a difficult time for everyone.
Well, we're watching the Masters on TV - Tiger, what's happened to you???? I'm not giving up yet - he could still win!!
No comments:
Post a Comment