Mom just forwarded an email from Melissa:
Hi everyone! Thought I would shoot out a quick email on Kyle. Dad picked him up yesterday from the rehab center and took him home. So Kyle is moved in with Dad now. It seems like he’s in a pretty good place mentally. He knows he can never drink again and is confident he won’t ever go back to where he was. Dad is actually really persistent with getting him the things he needs from the programs that are available for disabled people. Kyle really wants to start therapy, so they’ll be getting that started sometime soon. Things are looking good! He’s got a new phone number but I don’t have it yet. As soon as I do, I’ll pass it on to you all.
Love you all lots! Thanks for the prayers!
Okay, now I'm getting excited - my kitchen counters are being installed next Thursday - hurray! The backsplash is going in on Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait!! Bern is picking up my new tap tomorrow and then we'll go get the new hardware - THEN, WE'RE DONE!!!!
I had lunch with my friend, Cathy today after Curves. We see each other at church all the time, but never really get a chance to talk, so we decided to take the bull by the horns. It was lovely. We went to the Log Cabin in Fonthill and both had quiche and Mandarin salad - it's always good.
Friday night, Christine and I are going to a scrapping night in Jordan Station. It's the same place we went to a few weeks ago. I only have a couple more wedding album pages to do, then it's on to the last two years of cottage pictures, and then I can officially put that baby to bed.
I have many grand nieces and nephews scheduled to be born this year - Malia: any day now, she's having another son; Cassie's baby is due in May; Ben and Nahal's baby girl is due in July; Jeremiah and Ashley's twins are due in August, I believe. And, these are just the ones I've been told about! Lots of excitement in the Solberg family, for sure.
Bern finally went to the doctor today after two weeks of coughing and hacking. It turns out he has a severe bronchial infection, so is now on antibiotics and an inhaler. Hopefully, he'll soon start to feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment