Well, we didn't go up north to Lil's funeral - it just wasn't a wise thing to do right now. Bern's bronchial infection doesn't seem to be fleeing from the antiobiotics and his doctor (who went on holiday last week) had told him that if he started getting feverish or dizzy or nauseaous to get himself into the hospital. We haven't gone to the hospital, but Bern feels like it's starting all over again! Anyway, he has an appointment to see the doctor again tomorrow.
Penny and Howard did go and said the funeral was very well attended. Of course, Lil was a vital part of the Massey community and very much loved. As well as visiting with Lil's kids, they got to spend time with Lutchy, Jocelyn and Andre and Wayne and Lise, too, and got to see all Wayne & Lise's recent farmhouse renovations. I can't wait to see what they've done this summer when we go up. Wayne and Lise are planning a visit to southern Ontario this month. They may stay overnight with Penny and Howard on their way to spend some time with us. I hope the weather gets nicer, though! I think we've had way more snow here than they've had in northern Ontario!
I got this email from Dawn (from Marilyn, her sister)...
I have asked Dawn to pass this message along to you all in order to express my thoughts. I am humbled and honored that you have been praying for me--------most of you I have never even met.
In some of my lowest times it was so reassuring to know that I was being lifted up in prayer. Times when I could hardly pray myself but I had precious ones like you interceding on my behalf.
God is accomplishing in my heart what needs to be molded and reshaped so that He can use me more fully for His service and honor.
It is difficult to have "joy" in the midst of a trial. At times I almost felt abondoned by God.......BUT always knowing, always believing He was and is ALWAYS present in my life and doing a work.
I have prayed that God would pour out His blessings on you as you have faithfully prayed for me. Thank you for your sacrifice of prayer on my behalf.
Thank you again. Love Marilyn
No comments:
Post a Comment