Sorry it’s been a few days since my last email about Kyle. He’s being transferred to a nursing home/rehab center in Rockford called Amberwood. It actually looks really nice. I guess because he has medicare he can stay there 21 days. They will continue his care there and hopefully they will actually come up with a prognosis and plan of care. They still haven’t really figured out exactly what is going on with him. The know that his organs aren’t functioning properly, but they’re still letting him order whatever he wants to eat. I thought that was strange. He’s getting breathing treatments and antibiotics for the pneumonia and urinary tract infection. They are still trying to figure out the cause of the internal bleeding. So, hopefully he’ll be able to see a fresh set of doctors in Rockford. And it sounds like he going to start seeing a therapist. After he gets out of Amberwood, he’s going to live with Dad. There are lots of programs for disabled people in Freeport so hopefully he’ll be able to get a hold of his life and thrive. Dad and Brandon and I are going to move him out of his apartment on Sunday, so he won’t have to pay another month’s rent since he’ll never set foot in that place again. Once I get his phone number, I’ll send that along so if anyone wants to talk to him they can. And I’ll keep you posted on anything else that happens too!
Love you all!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment