Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gorgeous spring day!

Yup, I think summer is on its way! Today was spectacular - sunny, warm, and not windy! The rest of the week is forecast to be getting even warmer - it's looking good for Easter Sunday.

I talked to Judy yesterday afternoon. She was going to the hospital to have a stint put in to try to clear a blockage in her colon. She's having an awful time trying to eat anything without throwing up. The pain pills are helping with her pain, but also cause her to feel nauseous. If she takes Gravol to stop the nausea, she sleeps. I haven't heard how the procedure went, yet.

Pastor Rene came by yesterday just as I was having lunch. We had a good visit and, after I told him about Judy, we prayed for her.

We had a call from Jim in Massey telling us that Jackie is in the hospital in Espanola with kidney failure - caused by medication she was prescribed three months ago for high blood pressure! Please pray for her. She's not one to be tied down to a bed. So, please pray that she will have the patience to rest and let the doctors figure out a way to help her. Jackie is like a sister to me - and she asked us to pray. Thank you all so much!

I guess as we get older, more and more things like this will start to invade our lives. It's so hard to watch the people you love suffering. I promise to let you know how these women are doing, so we can witness God in action together...

After doing some spring cleaning, Bern and I went out for Chinese food for supper - it was very good! Of course, we got talking with the waitress (Chinese) about going to Brent's wedding in Taiwan. She was very sweet and explained that the only colours women should avoid wearing to a Taiwanese wedding are dark blue or dark green. Pastel colours are fine. As soon as the summer fashions come out, I need to find a dress! We'll only have a couple of days in Taiwan before the wedding, so I won't have time to shop there.

Talked to Penny this morning. She's having a big crowd for Easter Sunday dinner, too. She just called to check the pastry recipe on the Crisco tin. After a couple of "tips", she's on the road to pastry perfection. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment