Saturday, March 6, 2010

We're going to Taiwan!

I can't believe I'm saying this. It's been a long stressful decision. I prayed and left the whole thing up to the Lord. Last week, James told me he was going to save up and go over for the wedding (how, I have no idea!) Anyway, I told Bern and the next thing I know we're on our way to St. Catharines and sitting down with a travel agent and booking the trip for the three of us. I'm still grinning from ear to ear. I know it's going to take a few years to pay for the trip - but, I know it will be worth it. What an adventure! And, just imagine the blog entries and pictures!

Later, we phoned Brent to tell him we'd booked our tickets. He was thrilled - until we told him when we would be arriving and leaving! It seems that they had to change the wedding date to the following week. They didn't think we were coming, so didn't bother to tell us. Anyway, we emailed our agent right away and got the dates changed - no problem. So, now the official wedding date is July 17th, instead of July 11th. We'll leave Toronto on the 14th and fly directly to Hong Kong, where we will have about an hour and a half wait for our flight to Teipei. We still have to firm up the next step, which is getting from Teipei to Tainan, where Brent and Tammy live.

We're going to Oakville tomorrow to visit James - we didn't get to see him on his birthday. Fran and Mike are going to join us for supper and then we will stay overnight at their house. Bern wants to go into Mississauga for a haircut so we'll head home Monday afternoon.

Drum roll, please....I've officially lost 26.7 pounds and 35.5 inches. The journey continues! I'm going to look darn good at the wedding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment