Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I don't like this!

I can't believe how long it's taking me to feel better - how ungrateful that sounds! I know I should just sit back and relax and enjoy the healing process. I look around at things that need to be done and I just don't feel like doing anything! I told Bern I couldn't have gotten through this without him - and that's the truth! He has been so, so good. His inner chef is starting to come out, as well. We had an awesome supper tonight of rainbow trout, wild rice with fried mushrooms and onions and fresh green beans - it was magnificent!

Anyway, to update - on Saturday, we had a lovely visit from Wade, Becky and the children. Becky had made a baked spaghetti, brought fresh french bread and a raisin pie for an early supper. They didn't stay very long, but it was so nice to see them.

On Sunday afternoon, Fran and Jan brought James out for a visit. I got a lovely card from James for my birthday, Fran & Jan also gave me a birthday cards and Jan brought me hospital gifts (she thought I'd still be in the hospital on Sunday - so did we!) The daffodils are blooming and speading fragrance all over the house - thanks, Jan. We had a lovely visit including the leftover spaghetti for lunch. We will be planning our girls' trip to Halifax in August once Maggie gets back from her Florida retreat.

I had a lovely phone call from my sister-in-law, Brenda out in Calgary this afternoon. It was so good to hear from her. She and her daughter, Robin and granddaughter, Sharlee will be here in June and I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Mom goes for more tests on her crushed vertibrae tomorrow, so please ask God to provide the doctors with some kind of relief for her. He hears us!

No comments:

Post a Comment