Since dinner was so late, Kim and Terry stayed the night and left early this morning as Terry had a union meeting at 10:00 a.m. in Toronto. All in all, we had a very nice time.
This blog is intended to be a place where I can show my scrapbook pages and cards to family and friends, as well as a way to keep in touch. I hope you enjoy reading through the events of my life and seeing how I keep sane by crafting!!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Lights out!
Kim and Terry arrived yesterday afternoon after touring Welland - now, they've seen things in Welland we've yet to experience including driving through the tunnel under the Welland Canal. They got here around 12:30 p.m. We had a lunch of sandwiches & chips - and, since it was rainy and miserable outside, we sat around inside catching up on all the news since last summer. Bern got out his blood pressure kit and everybody took their blood pressure - don't laugh kids, the day will come when this is very interesting to you.
Of course, I myself haven't yet reached that day!!!! Anyway, I put on a roast for supper and about an hour before we were due to eat, a big storm came through with high winds and sheets of rain, knocking out the power for 2 1/2 hours! Bern had peeled the potatoes and I'd peeled and cut up carrots and put them into their respective pots to boil for supper - HA! We waited for about an hour and decided that if we were going to have veggies for supper, we'd better fire up the BBQ. So we transferred the potatoes and carrots into foil packets with butter and put them on the grill. Well, to say they were delicious would be an understatement!
The roast was done to perfection just sitting in the oven.
I made a nice salad and we really enjoyed a lovely dinner.
Since dinner was so late, Kim and Terry stayed the night and left early this morning as Terry had a union meeting at 10:00 a.m. in Toronto. All in all, we had a very nice time.
Since dinner was so late, Kim and Terry stayed the night and left early this morning as Terry had a union meeting at 10:00 a.m. in Toronto. All in all, we had a very nice time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment