Thursday, March 13, 2008

ONE MORE SLEEP!

Well, tomorrow morning starts the big exodus to Welland! The transport truck is supposed to be here by 8:30 a.m. As they load up the truck, we will be vacuuming and mopping floors. Everything else has been cleaned, sanitized and polished to perfection...boy, are we tired! I will drive down by myself an hour or so before the truck leaves, to pick up the key from the lawyer. We figure we should be unloaded by about 7:00 p.m. - it's going to be a long, long day.

The satellite won't be installed until Monday, but I'm sure we won't miss TV for awhile anyway. The internet won't be hooked up until late next week so I won't be adding to my blog until next weekend. We may need to buy a new fridge when we get there, as the previous owners told us the freezer part stopped working. Bern may be able to fix it, but if not, we'll be out shopping - oh darn, huh? I'm going to splurge and buy new dishes and pots and pans - it's only been 30 years!! I might even buy a new bedspread while I'm at it. Anyway, we'll get unpacked first.

Fran, Mike and Heather took us (Bern, James and me) out for supper tonight to wish us a safe move and also for my birthday which is next week. We had a wonderful visit and I feel so grateful that Fran and Mike are James' godparents. They really do love him and he loves them, too. Even though we'll only be an hour from Oakville, it's a blessing to know there's someone close in case James needs help for some reason. I know, I know....he's a big boy! I still worry - it's a mother's job, okay?

Anyway, Bern's setting the alarm for 6:30 tomorrow morning - yikes! We'll watch Survivor and Lost and then go to bed early. As soon as I can, I will upload pictures and news. I just hope I can sleep tonight - it's kind of like Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment