Bern put up the shelves in my craft room yesterday, so I unpacked boxes and unpacked boxes and unpacked boxes! I don't know how I got all this stuff into my little room at the other house! I think I'm going to need more shelves. Bern's going to make me a little work table, too. I'm planning to get back into painting once the dust settles - probably next fall/winter. But, for now, I'm happy in my little corner of the world.
We're making one of the other bedrooms into a den for Bern with a desk, chair, TV (so he can watch all his fishing and hunting shows in peace), and a place where he can display his car collection and Green Bay Packer stuff. Now, when I tell him to go to his room, he'll actually have a place to go. We went looking at lawn tractors yesterday - YIKES! Maybe we'll just get a goat to eat the grass!!
We had a wonderful visit with Wade, Becky and the kids over the weekend. I made a big ham, mashed potatoes, green beans & corn for Easter supper - followed by apple pie and ice cream. We played their Nintendo Wii game for hours. Bowling is the best! Bern tried the golf but soon became frustrated and tried to wrap the little controller around a virtual tree. It was lots of fun!
They stayed overnight and Wade helped Bern move some boxes to the basement and with setting up the TV in the rec room. The new plasma that came as part of the new dining room we bought, wouldn't turn on no matter what we tried. Bern had phoned for a service call, and between the time the service guy said he was on his way, and the time he actually arrived, Wade found the reset button underneath the TV. So they pretended they hadn't found it when the guy came. It was sooooo funny! The service guy was trying and trying to locate the button, so Bern reached under the TV as if he didn't know where the button was and said, "Oh, what's this? I think I might have found it!" It was all Wade could do to keep a straight face! It was funny at the time - but, you probably "had to be there." Anyway, it's working like a charm now.
Wade also helped Bern move the old dining room furniture to the garage. A family who just moved to Ontario from Columbia as refugees and who have nothing will be happy to have the set and it saves us trying to sell it. Wade said all they have is a rickety old table and two chairs right now. Anyway, we're helping them and they're helping us!
Well, this was a little longer than I intended - oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment