Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our James is 25 today!

Twenty-five years ago today, James came into this world. He was the cutest baby in all creation! Okay, so I may be somewhat prejudiced. It really is hard to believe that 25 years have gone so fast. Now, he's moving into his own apartment and, barring any major catastophes, his life (without us) will move forward.

Just a few reflections: James was a very easy child. He seemed to always be happy and content with his surroundings. I did daycare for a few years so I could stay at home with him. He wasn't always thrilled to have all the other kids around, but he coped. When it was time for him to go to school, his kindergarten teacher came to visit James. I wasn't allowed to go into his room - since "my teacher came to see me", he stated as he closed the bedroom door! We decided to put James into French Immersion, which in retrospect, might not have been the best choice. He always struggled with math - and, I'm pretty sure it was the French that was the stumbling block.

Anyway, James seemed to have lots good friends (mostly girls) and his teachers all thought he was sweet. He always had an interesting way of looking at the world. For instance, one brisk fall morning, we came out of the house and he looked around and said, "Hey, who turned on the cold!" Another time he asked me how old I was when the world changed from black and white to colour. He made sure I didn't start the car until his seatbelt was on because he was sure if it wasn't on, we'd get into an accident.

Enough....enough...enough - I could go on and on. Suffice it to say, the years have gone by a lot faster than I ever would have believed. I like to tell young mothers to enjoy each and every moment they have with their little ones, because one day they will turn around to see them going out the door as grown-ups.

We went out and bought a couple of things for James' new apartment - a vacuum cleaner, toaster oven and a little hand-held mixer. Not the usual birthday gifts, but he was thrilled. I'm attaching a couple of pictures we took today. Well, that's it for now. I hope you are all happy, healthy and safe and having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment