Ok, I had the best day! Fran, Jan and I met Maggie in Toronto this morning. We had a leisurely breakfast at Shopsie's. The all-day breakfast special was 3 eggs, bacon or sausage & homefries....and too bad if you only want one or two eggs. Anyway, Maggie can't eat eggs so she had a toasted bagel with bacon. It was great to just sit and talk about stuff. I feel so blessed to have these ladies in my life!!
After breakfast, we went across the street to St. Lawrence Market. It's always so crowded and, since we were all dressed for cold weather, we were soon way too hot! The food is fresh and you just want to buy everything! The only thing that stops us is knowing we have to get on the GO Train and travel 40 minutes home, so we tend not to buy a lot. I bought some fresh figs and Turkish Delight. Well, I'm sorry but it tastes like soap to me. Bern and James weren't impressed either - oh well. Maybe I'll take over to Jan (she bought some, too).
Heather came to meet us at a coffee shop at 2:30. She's doing so well! She's thinking about moving back to Oakville - into her own apartment, which will make it easier for her to foster friendships she's made working at Michael's.
Maggie's leaving for Florida next week. She and her family have rented a house for three weeks in Port Charlotte, which is a couple of hours south of Tampa. I really missed going to Tampa this year. We had such a great time the last two winters with John, Sharon and the boys. Of course, this has been the worst winter in many years and a little sunshine would have been nice.
Well, James moves next week! He works on Saturday, so we'll get the key and move some of his "breakables" on Sunday, then the movers will come on Monday morning to get the big stuff. We're going to Pino and Lorraine's next Saturday for dinner. They just bought a new house, too. We always have a good time with them and we're looking forward to seeing them.
That's it for now. We'll be watching Accenture Match Play tomorrow (most of the day!) - that's golf, in case you don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment