Fran, Jan and I had planned to meet Maggie in Toronto on Saturday. We were going to St. Lawrence Market, do some shopping, have lunch and then come home early afternoon. Frances called to say that she's been sick ever since they got back from Mexico - she sounded very squeaky!! Anyway, we decided to postpone our trip into the city to next Saturday. Jan called yesterday afternoon to say that David's birthday is next weekend and Katie and Brad are coming out for the day. Of course, she can't get away (nor should she want to). So, now we're hoping that Maggie can come out for an early dinner one evening. I haven't seen Maggie since well before Christmas and although I had a visit from Fran shortly after Christmas, I haven't seen Jan since Christmas day.
We have lots to talk about! Fran goes for surgery in March, Maggie is going to Florida with her family, we bought the new house and Jan always has wonderful things to talk about. Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing everybody.
I had a call from Karleen (my friend you are all praying for) on Friday. We talked for almost an hour. Her husband, Lou (Bern's cousin) was rushed to hospital earlier in the week. They discovered a growth inside his kidney and he nearly died. They were able to drain the infection away and he's doing much better, but it was very scary for Karleen and the rest of the family. Karleen's treatment is supposed to start in March, but she may postpone it because a friend of hers has invited her to spend a couple of weeks in the Bahamas. I think she should go for it!!! It's going to be a very rough year for her once she starts treatment. Please continue to pray for her.
We're sitting amidst boxes watching golf. I can't believe how much packing we've gotten done! We still have five weeks to go until we move and by next week, I'm sure we'll be ready. James has three weeks until he moves. He's got his cable and internet ready to go and just has to get his home phone set up. They need two pieces of I.D. and since he doesn't have a driver's license or a credit card, he may be out of luck. It seems weird to me that he can't use his passport!
That's the scoop for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment