Wednesday, May 29, 2013

COPD - who knew?

Well, hubby has been diagnosed with COPD. On top of that, he's been walking around with pneumonia for a month! Unfortunately, today you really have to be in charge of your own healthcare it seems. His doctor told him he had sinusitis and treated him for that - which worked for about a week, then the pneumonia came back again. After he stopped eating and began to get weak with a fever, he went to the after hours clinic and saw a different doctor who actually examined him and sent him for xrays and respiratory tests. The respirologist told him he has the lungs of a 109-year-old man. But, the good news is that if he follows the regime she's given him, he could live to be 109 years old.

I haven't heard from my friend, Judy in awhile. I sent her a card and emailed her, but I know she was having more chemo treatments, so she probably doesn't feel much like communicating with anybody right now. As soon as I hear anything, though, I will post it here.

Here's another baby Nikki page. Isn't she adorable?

And, if a picture wasn't enough, how about another video? Twist my arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment