Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring has sprung, I think!

What a gorgeous day we're having today. Bern's out having a look at the pool and pump! He got the grass all rolled the other day and my daffodils and tulips are bursting with colour! There are buds on my rose bush, too! Yahoo!!

We Skyped with Brent, Tammy and Nikki this morning. Nikki has put on 2 pounds already and is 2 inches longer than when she was born. It was so funny the other day they called here - it was around 1:30 p.m. here, but 1:30 a.m. in Taiwan and Nikki had been crying and crying and they didn't know what to do. I asked if she had a fever - no. Was she hungry - no. Wet - no. Gassy - no. She just needed to cry for awhile. I remember James doing that every night around 8:00, he would start and go for two hours. Our doctor said he just needed to exercise his lungs. Anyway, by the time we talked for a few minutes, Nikki had settled down and she slept until 6:00 a.m.! They were happy about that.
 
Bern is feeling better - at least the sinusitis part. He's still sore all the time. But, he's been working outside since the weather has been so nice lately. That's probably got something to do with it! Especially since for the past month, he hasn't done anything but sit around all day.
 
Fran and I Skyped the other day, too. Heather is settled in her own apartment in Toronto and starts her new job as Assistant Manager at a big Pennington's store in a big mall about 5 minutes from her home. She's ecstatic - so is Fran. It's been a very long, expensive year for Mike and Fran with Paul coming home from London needing a place to live and food to eat. But, praise God he's settled, too. He has his own apartment in Toronto and a good job. Now that everyone is housed and employed, Fran and Mike are leaving at the end of May for England for a month. While they're there, they are going to Spain for a week with Ginni. At least now they can relax!!

 
I haven't heard from my friend Judy since right before she started chemo on April 18th. She's probably not feeling too great right now. I'll email her again, though, just to let her know we're thinking of her and praying for her.

 
Yesterday, Bern and I went to visit an elderly couple from church who have had to sell their house and move into an apartment. They're also going to another church now, so we haven't seen them in awhile. Mary and Julius are kind of special to us. They had a big garden at their house and used to give us vegetables and homemade pickles. When they couldn't manage the garden anymore, Bern would take them peppers to pickle - he'd get them from a local farmer. They really enjoyed that. We all went over to the church for the monthly outreach supper - all you can eat for $7 - can't beat that, and the food is wonderful.

 
Brent and Tammy have been sending me the cutest pictures of Nikki. I finished another page from pictures I already had and can't wait to start on the latest ones! Although they're not on scrapbook pages yet, I have to share some now....you'll see why!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment