Bern did most of the cleaning while I got to go shopping for last minute groceries (fresh veggies mostly)....and chocolate goodies, of course! Around 4:30, we drove to Oakville to pick up James and Stephanie. But, on the way, we stopped at the SAIL store (an outdoorsy type place) and Bern picked out a new fishing tackle box. He's got a fishing trip coming up soon.
We got to James' apartment just before Stephanie got home from work. As soon as she got home, we all jumped into the car and drove back to Welland, stopping at Wendy's for burgers and fries for supper. And, since the video store was right next door, we popped in and rented "The Hobbit" movie, which we watched when we got home - it was pretty good!
Sunday morning, Bern and I went to church while James Skyped with his brother, sister-in-law and new little niece. We got that pleasure on Sunday night! But, I digress! We all had a late breakfast after church and then Stephanie and I decorated some candles for our Easter table. We had fun, didn't we, Steph? And, the candles looked great! This picture is after they'd already burned down.
Well, around 3:30, everyone had arrived. Fran brought dessert and two lovely bunches of tulips (white and red) and Jan brought me a potted spring plant, too! I'm so spoiled by my lovely friends. We stood & sat around chatting while the turkey finished up cooking and then we sat down to a hearty meal!!! Turkey, ham, and all the possible trimmings! We had such a great day! The only things missing were Katie, David and Clinton.
![]() |
| A toast to baby Nicole Darlene! |
Well, after everyone went home we waited for Brent, Tammy and Nicole to get up so we could Skype with them - around 9:30, we connected. We had a nice visit, but mostly we just gazed at Nikki and thought how absolutely clever she was when she farted! We're true Grandparents, I guess!!! Anyway, during our conversation, Brent snapped some pictures for me and sent them to my cellphone. I was able to turn them into a scrapbook page for her album. I must pace myself - she's going to be with us for a long time! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this page.







No comments:
Post a Comment