Bern's ex-secretary, Kim and her husband Terry came for a visit on Friday and stayed until Saturday afternoon. The snow started shortly after they arrived and was still going strong Saturday night, leaving us with about a foot of snow. Not really that unusual, it's just that we've hardly had any snow all winter. They got home safely and there wasn't a flake of snow where they live - about an hour and a half from here. We played lots of "hand & foot" - they're hooked on it, too. We played individually- we've always played partners. It was fun. I won two of the games, Bern won one and Terry won the other game.
I put Downton Abbey on to record last night, so I haven't watched it yet. There are lots of opportunities through the week, since we seem to be lacking good shows lately!! We do like "Elementary" with Lucy Liu as Watson...and, Person of Interest. The usuals like NCIS and NCIS LA and Bones and Castle. We tried watching "The Following" but it's even too gory for Bern. Oh well, we probably should be finding other things to do, I guess - but, we probably won't!
We've been to the travel agent about our trip to Taiwan in September. We're thinking we're going to fly from Toronto to Hong Kong, then from Hong Kong to Kaoshiung (an hour from Brent's home in Tainan) rather than the way we went the last time. We flew from Toronto to Taipei, took a bus to the high speed train, rode that train (3 hours) to another town, where we got on another train, then into taxis to Brent's. Very tiring!!!! I'm getting really excited! Bern's getting stressed, of course. He's not a good traveller, even if he claims he is. Says this is the LAST time he's going to Taiwan. I said I'd have to go by myself then - he said, great! LOL!
My mom may finally be moving into a small apartment - one floor on the ground floor. Please keep her in your prayers as these plans have fallen through before and it's pretty frustrating for her. Apparently, they are replacing carpets and flooring, so it will be fresh when she moves in.
Two birthdays in our immediate family this month! Brent will be 43 on the 15th and James will turn 30 on the 27th! I guess I have to admit I'm getting older, too. I actually had a rude awakening the other day when I read in the newspaper the headline: 65-year-old woman hit by car - the story went on to say....an "elderly" woman was struck....what? Holy crap....65 is elderly? That means I must be elderly!!! NOOOOO!


No comments:
Post a Comment