We were feeling pretty smug about the mild winters we've been having the last couple of years. Then, blam! It was a true blizzard out there!! Lovely if you don't have to go out in it. I made cups of nice, hot tea and settled down with a good book and between chapters, watched as the snow piled up and up and up! I love seeing the snow clinging onto trees and fences - so pretty! Here are a few pictures:
Another busy week coming up. Tomorrow is our Niagara Women's Connection event - we're doing a Valentine's theme this time. Geri made little heart chocolates - dark & milk chocolate and put one of each in little clear plastic bags (70). I had some purple ribbon I'd bought to use on some wedding invitations I'm making so I tied each bag with pieces of that ribbon. Then, I punched out red, pink, and mauve hearts and attached the bags of chocolates to each heart - cute little favors for each lady! We're having a woman from Glamour Shots coming to do a demonstration - should be lots of fun!
Wednesday, is Baptist Women at noon - we bring a bagged lunch and have our meeting at the church. It's always a nice afternoon with those ladies! Then, on Thursday afternoon is our bible study - we're studying "Christ in the Psalms". So interesting how many times Jesus is talked about way, way before he actually got here!
Shirley and Ray invited us to come over for a Valentine's supper on Thursday evening. She's an awesome cook and we always enjoy spending time with them. I'll make a lemon meregue pie for dessert.
It looks like Mom's apartment won't be ready until next month. Please keep praying that everything goes smoothly for her. Moving's not an easy thing to do. I can't imagine being almost 89 and getting packed up and making a big change like that! God bless her!!






No comments:
Post a Comment