Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brrrrrr....Baby, it's cold outside!

After an unseasonably warm week, we've been plunged into sub-zero temperatures! Oh well, that's Canada! Our life has slowed down a lot since Christmas. I've re-discovered my love of reading. Around 3:00 p.m. every afternoon, I make a cup of Chai Latte, curl up in the livingroom (where the afternoon sun beams in), take my cell phone which contains several books I intend to read over the winter, and thoroughly enjoy myself! Whew, that was a long sentence! I'm currently reading "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory - a historical fiction based in England in the 1400's.

Our baby granddaughter is growing by leaps and bounds. We've got another ultrasound picture of her, but it was sent from their cellphone to mine and I'm not sure how to get it off there to put on here. She's still gorgeous, of course, but you can tell it's starting to get crowded in there! Here's her picture from last month.
We've been to a couple of travel agents finding alternative ways to get to and from Taiwan. We're going for the whole month of September! It's such a LONG flight, but at least once we're there, we won't be traveling all over the country like we did two years ago when we went for the wedding. I'm so excited!!! Brent and Tammy have a spare room in their apartment, so we'll have our own space - very important when you're staying for a month!

I had our Niagara Women's Connection leadership team here for a meeting, so I decided to make lunch. There are only four of us in this group, so lunch was manageable. I found a recipe online for Brie Quiche - it was delicious and the girls were impressed! I served it with salad. I started the lunch with potato soup that I'd made a few weeks ago and had in the freezer. I heated it up and then garnished it with green onion - so good! For dessert, I offered ice cream and homemade oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies. We had a good meeting after lunch and got lots of planning done for this year's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment