Well, I woke up to sunshine and warmth in the sun this morning! Happy because all week we've been seeing snow, sleet, hail, rain and wind! My poor little tulips kept looking at me as if it were all MY fault. They're in a much better mood this morning.
I had a lovely phone call from Karleen on Saturday. I'd sent her a "thinking of you" card last week with a salvation message booklet in it. Wasn't too sure if I'd ever hear from her again, but God is so good. She was very emotional on the phone and thanked me very much for the booklet and for praying for her. She said she'd had a very good week. The chemo treatments started last Monday and she's feeling pretty good. Says she might be in for another miracle! So, please keep praying!!
My cousin, Linda (out in Montana) and her family threw a 50th birthday party for one of her six sons last week. Nufrey is being deployed to Afganistan soon. Please keep him in your prayers, too. Linda lost her husband a couple of years ago and is so fortunate to have a loving family surrounding her - plus a very strong faith!
I'm going to an all-day scrapbooking event with Christine on Saturday. She's picking me up at 8:30 a.m. and it finishes around 5:00 p.m. I've been asked by the Niagara Women's Connection to try to organize 50 years of club information into a scrapbook (yikes!) so, I'll be working on that. I glanced through the bag of stuff this morning and am not quite sure what I'm going to do. Hopefully, I'll think of something!
Bern got up in the middle of the night to drive an hour and a half to meet Wade in the middle of a farmer's field near Simcoe, ON. It's the first day of turkey hunting and they HAVE to be the first ones out there! Surprise attack, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment