Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter came and went...

Well, I was sure I'd written on here since Good Friday, but I guess it was just in my head! We had a lovely Easter Sunday with the gang from Oakville & Toronto. There were 10 of us for dinner so we put the leaf in the table and put two people at each end and three down each side. Halfway through dinner, however, we remembered why we always put the young'ens at their own table in the livingroom. It must have been the sugar, but those "kids" got crazy! Anyway, dinner was delicious and we had a great visit with everyone. Here are some pictures to prove it!















I'm asking for more prayers for my friend, Karleen. She's the lady who's been battling cancer for almost five years. She was actually in hospice care at one point, but managed to fight her way back. I'm convinced God is being so kind and is giving her a chance to trust Christ as her Saviour before he takes her home. The last round of chemo had no good results and Monday she started another, even more aggressive chemo treatment. When I talked to her on Saturday, I could hear the fear in her voice. So, please say some prayers for her. She is a sweet, sweet person and truly appreciates our prayers!

Well, we had a day yesterday that could have resided in the middle of July - it was really hot and windy! Today is bright and sunny, but significantly cooler. My tulips are absolutely gorgeous and all the other things in my garden are bursting to get growing and blooming! I love spring almost as much as I love fall and summer....not a fan of winter, though.

Pen and Howard dropped by last Saturday and spent the night with us. We had a good visit, but they had to leave right after breakfast on Sunday. They haven't been here for at least a year and so got to admire all the changes we've made. We got to see pictures of their newly renovated basement - can't wait to see it in real life! I downloaded a couple of cute pictures of Bella from Pen's camera. Thought you might be interested to see how she's growing up so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment